Financial Account Manager
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Account Manager’s key role is advice and service delivery. They are primarily the first contact for members and contribute to the building and retaining of member relationships through delivering seamless member service and advice to each member. The Financial Account Manager builds member relationships that add value and contribute positively to the credit union’s profitability by ensuring that the member’s needs are met as well as identifying and referring opportunities to other team members or specialists within the credit union.
- Meet personal business targets, playing a key role in the development of strategies to facilitate goal attainment.
- Proactively develop, nurture, retain and grow member relationships by identifying and ensuring their needs are met and that the relationship contributes positively to the credit union.
- Responsible to track and report personal goals and results.
- Promote and provide advice on a full range of credit union products and services: new memberships, consumer loans, lines of credits, small business loans, mortgages, deposit and investment products, credit cards and estates.
- Explain to all members the terms and conditions of any credit, deposit or investment product being presented and ensuring that they are consistent with the member’s needs and risk tolerance.
- Provide investment advice and/or refer qualified prospects to specialists within the credit union or partner organizations.
- Resolve member complaints and problems when possible, referring more complex problems to the appropriate person or department - ensuring seamless member service.
- Work directly with other members of the branch advice team to ensure smooth administration of documentation and flow of referrals from the service team.
- Responsible for interpreting and understanding operating procedures, lending policies and security requirements and ensuring that all guidelines are adhered to.
- Stay abreast of all functional processes and procedures in order to facilitate quality and seamless advice and service delivery to members.
- Understands, respects, and supports our commitment to corporate social responsibilities, respectful workplace and diversity initiatives.
- Consistently maintain current and relevant knowledge of industry trends, competitor products and strategies.
- Employees are required to keep strictly confidential the affairs of anyone whose private information becomes available to them in the course of their duties.
Position Experience and Qualifications:
This position requires a self-starter who thrives in working in a team environment with a common goal/purpose. The competencies of this position are typically acquired through a minimum of a grade twelve diploma plus some additional courses, preferably in the financial services field as well as two to three years of job-related experience or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
This role requires proven experience in the following areas:
- Advice and Service
- Credit and Adjudication
- Basic accounting
- Credit Union products and services
- Credit Union policies, procedures and operations